Arts Relief through National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)

The NEA will receive $135 million in funding to provide relief for art organizations across the country. State and regional arts agencies will receive 40% of those funds to distribute. Texans for the Arts estimates that the Texas Commission on the Arts will receive $1,200,000 to distribute statewide. The NEA will distribute the remaining 60% of the funding to arts organizations directly. There are no details currently about how the NEA or Texas Commission on the Arts will distribute this funding. Texans for the Arts will continue to monitor this funding disbursement and provide more information when it is available.

 

Other federal agencies received relief funding as well, including $135 million for the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), $175 million for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), and $200 million for the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).