Texas Businesses May Operate Up to 75% Capacity, Effective October 14th
Following an October 7th update which include provisions for the reopening of bars up to 50% capacity, on October 13th Governor Abbott released guidelines for business wishing to open up to 75% capacity, including provisions and check lists for: event organizers, amusement parks, fine arts performance halls, movie theaters, and museums and libraries, to name a few.
Read the full guidelines here.
Resources for Reopening the Arts in Texas
- Precautions for Museums during Covid-19 Pandemic from the International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art
- Preparing to reopen from the American Alliance of Museums: Guides and sample plans for reopening
- Reopening the Cultural Sector in U.S. Cities: Research and case studies presented by Bloomberg Philanthropies
- National Independent Venue Association: Group with the goal of protecting independent venues and promoters
- Performing Arts Center Consortium: Powerpoint with guidance on reopening theatrical venues
- Music Cities Together: National campaign to create action plans in order reopen venues safely
- EVENT SAFETY REOPENING GUIDE: From the Event Safety Alliance
- Chorus Connection: Guide to planning a season during Covid-19
Americans for the Arts has many great resources, including Arts and Culture Sector Can Prepare for the Coronavirus in the United States. It provides sound advice to arts organizations on dealing with the COVID-19 crisis.
Americans for the Arts has also launched a Response and Resource Center that provides crucial information for the arts sector in real time while we all continue to carefully monitor the situation.