Governor Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate, Opens Texas 100 Percent
Governor Greg Abbott has issued an Executive Order (GA-34) lifting the mask mandate in Texas and increasing capacity of all businesses and facilities in the state to 100 percent.
This executive order rescinds most of the Governor's earlier Executive Orders related to COVID-19. Effective Wednesday, March 10, 2021, all businesses of any type may open to 100% capacity. Additionally, this order ends the statewide mask mandate in Texas. Businesses may still limit capacity or implement additional safety protocols at their own discretion.
Read the full guidelines here.
Resources for Reopening the Arts in Texas
- Precautions for Museums during Covid-19 Pandemic from the International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art
- Preparing to reopen from the American Alliance of Museums: Guides and sample plans for reopening
- Reopening the Cultural Sector in U.S. Cities: Research and case studies presented by Bloomberg Philanthropies
- National Independent Venue Association: Group with the goal of protecting independent venues and promoters
- Performing Arts Center Consortium: Powerpoint with guidance on reopening theatrical venues
- EVENT SAFETY REOPENING GUIDE: From the Event Safety Alliance
- Chorus Connection: Guide to planning a season during Covid-19
Americans for the Arts has many great resources. Their Response and Resource Center provides crucial information for the arts sector in real-time while we all continue to carefully monitor the situation.