Texans for the Arts is committed to serving the local needs of the arts and culture sector across Texas. In an effort to remain responsive and connected to our many arts partners, TFA leads the Regional Conversations Series.
This is our opportunity to hear from you! Artists, arts workers, organizations, and advocates: This is your opportunity to connect, to get the latest news on Federal and State arts policies, to collaborate on local priorities and to strengthen advocacy in your region. It is also a chance to share your needs with us, so that Texans for the Arts can better serve you and unify our statewide voice for the arts.
Topics vary and are carefully curated to reflect the needs of the day. Recent installments of the Regional Conversations Series have included:
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the arts community.
- The early days of the reopening process in Texas.
- Local public funding issues. concerns, and strategies in smaller communities.
- The impact of the American Rescue Plan on the arts community and the resources it provides.
- Continued economic pressure being faced by the creative sector in the face of the pandemic.
- Important and timely updates to our base during the 87th Texas Legislative Session.
These sessions are important opportunities to connect Texans for the Arts and local arts communities and provides our members with the opportunity to share important information with TFA about their needs and what support they require. It can shape everything from our communication strategies, advocacy campaigns, even our legislative agenda.
We look forward to our next round of Regional Conversations. Check back here for updates to see when the next conversation may be headed to your community!