Texans for the Arts will be focusing our efforts twofold: 1) at the Texas Legislature, and 2) offering support and general information to advocates at the local level. We’ll be pushing for arts support in a few ways:
- Advocating for additional relief funding for nonprofit arts organizations at the State level.
- Ensuring legislative language doesn’t exclude the arts from support at any level of government.
- Making the process for application, and the administration of any grant program (namely at the state level), nonprofit and arts-friendly.
- Hoping to affect local decisions through state legislation or distributing information on strategies at the local level.
- Pushing for explicit eligibility, or funding, for the arts in county and municipal government to the best of our ability.